Tuesday, December 16, 2008

I did it...

I wrecked my car.

Sunday on the way to work at 6:30 in the morning, I'm running a little late, it's snowing.  I turned into the parking lot and skidded out, slid into the curb and (at least I thought) broke my axle.  I called Jeff and got him to pick me up, take me to my house to take a shower and get some clothes together. I ended up staying at his place in town so that I could walk to work on Monday.  I got the car towed to the shop.. yadda yadda yadda.  They called: bent frame. Bottom line is if I had collision insurance, I they would total it. Sadly, I do not hae collision, just liability! wow!! I'm a loser huh? 

SO the search is on for a new car.  The bodyshop will buy my car for $500. And then I can take that whopping $500 to the dealership and put it towards a new one. SO. any suggestions on the perfect car for me? Under $18,000. preferably AWD or 4WD. four doors. etc.

I'm looking at Subarus and small SUVs

I'll keep you updated!

No comments: