Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Balance...

 I grew up dancing. My mother always made fun of me that I had fantastic balance as long as I was dancing, but as soon as I stepped off the dance floor, I fell over.  I have fantastic physical balance.  I can stand on one foot for hours, I can center my body over whichever limb I need to to keep from falling over.  

Emotionally, I am not so balanced.  I am dedicating this summer to finding balance in my life.  I have ups and downs. A lot. Rarely is everything just normal. It's either AWESOME! or ALL HELL IS BREAKING LOOSE. I am looking for things to be on a more even keel.  

I am a super-sensitive person.  I take other's emotions and hardships and internalize them as my own.  I take my own short comings and problems and amplify them to a point where my life is over!  Mom always told me I should be an actress because I am uber dramatic! It's not that I try to be overly dramatic... I just really think that things are that bad. I have taken up meditation and it really seems to be helping. I just need to get in the habit of meditating even when (and especially when) everything is fine.  It's like preventative medicine. You have to do it even when you don't think you need it.  It builds up in your (emotional) system and helps to BALANCE you all the time.  If you start out balanced, when things get off kilter, it's a lot easier to fix.  Mental Maintenance, if you will. 

SO, my self-improvement project for the summer is to get my life in a constant state of balance- Zen.  

I'll let you know how it works out. 

No comments: