Friday, February 26, 2010

wax-on, wax-off



Wax... it's not just for bikini lines anymore.

It's a very important part of shredding. My board was getting to the point where I was literally getting stuck to the snow. No beuno! I had a few scratches and dints and dings from hitting rocks and generally wear and tear. So... a wax job just had to happen.

My main point is not to walk you through how to wax your board. There are plenty of web sites out there that will teach you that- probably better than I can.

I just wanted to comment on how snowboarding is, in fact, an entire body work out: riding you get the core and leg work out and waxing builds mad bicep muscle! I think I should get a job as a tuner and become über buff!

1 comment:

Hua said...

Hey Tricia,

I completely agree with you, snowboarding is a full body workout. I tried snowboarding for my first time about a month ago and I was so sore the next day. Snowboarding is a much better workout that going to the gym.

I found your blog while searching for unique and helpful content on outdoor activities. I think you could benefit from sharing your personal story to an audience of people seeking information on outdoor activities. Wellsphere's HealthBlogger Network (HBN) is comprised of over 3,000 of the web's best health writers, including doctors, patient experts and people pursuing healthy living.

For more information about joining, please visit http://www.wellsphere.com/health-blogger or email me at hua [at] wellsphere [dot] com.

Best,
Hua
Director of Blogger Networks