Friday, April 3, 2009

A Few of my favorite things...

I have NOT been watching Sound of Music, QUITE the opposite in fact. Quite the opposite.  

I have become a big fan of this new television show, it's pretty much consuming my life at home.  I'm not changing my life to watch this show, rather I have it on DVD and watch hours and hours when I have nothing to do, like today.  This blog is not about that TV show...

It is, however about an interesting new direction my life has taken. Like, within the last ten minutes.

I have been researching....


NEW MUSIC!!!

Okay, branching out into a new music world is not an easy adventure.  Especially at my age.  I'm pretty set in my ways, musically.  But I'm so bored with it.  I was looking through my iTunes library and discovered that I have very few female artists.  SHAME ON ME!!! 

So, I'm on a mission to find women who rock! And rock hard! I'm not interested in singer songwriter whiny chick artists and I'm not looking for a mediocre singer with a spectacular ass.... I'm looking for hard core women with real musical talent.  

On my search I have enlisted the help of several of my electronic and virtual friends. aka "a few of my favorite things" 

1-my iPhone
 I haven't even discussed the fact that I got an iPhone, because I didn't want to be braggy and turn this blog into techy bore.  However, I must state that my iPhone is pretty much super rad.  She keeps up with everything for me, and allows me to listen to my second favorite thing in the car....

If you have not started an account, stop reading immediately, and start one.  It is a personalized radio.  You can have multiple stations.  When creating a new station, you simply type in a favorite song or artist.  Pandora then takes that artist and other artists similar and mixes your station.  Along the way if you do not like a song, or don't think it fits with the station you're trying to create, you can "thumbs down" a particular song.  Pandora exposes you to new artists, or old artists you've forgotten about all while giving you the freedom to say "nah, not that direction.." While listening to the radio, you can flag music you like and would like to download, which leads me to...

3- iTunes on  my iPhone (and at home on the laptop)
when I pick out a song I like on Pandora, I simply select that I want to purchase it and I am directed to iTunes with the "buy" button right there. or if I want to listen to it just one time in the car...

4- YouTube App on the iPhone
I can just pull up the music video on YouTube and listen to a particular song whenever I feel like it. However, if I'm going to to listen the same song more than twice, I just just purchase it

sigh... it's going to be a long process.  I'll have to listen to a lot of music.  I'm also taking suggestions. Who's your favorite female rocker? 

No comments: