Tuesday, November 11, 2008

my new obsession...





I know that people have been saying it for centuries... but I am living proof: Exercise MAKES YOU FEEL BETTER!!!

I mean, seriously yo, Since Friday my life has done a 180.  I went from being tired all the time and kinda miserable to energetic and happy all because I have started working out again.  I WANT to go to bed early so that I can get up in the morning and go work out! This morning I woke up (when I don't have to be at work until 1:30 AND without an alarm clock) at 7:45 raring to go! I made a cup of coffee, drank it, let the dog out, talked to Jeff for a minute while he got ready and then went to the gym.  I did 30 minutes on the elliptical machine (2 miles give or take) and then 20 minutes on the bike (about 5 miles) and then a grand total of 5 minutes on the stair step- that thing HURTS!!

Then I did some weights and core work out.  I didn't climb today because I want to alternate climbing and weights until I feel strong enough to do both in the same day.  I think that I'm going to start going 5 days a week.  That's the three days that I work at the grocer (my schedule is more conducive on those days), my day off, and one day that I'm at Jack Dennis.  

On other news: I may be able to go full time at the Grocer, in which case I will most likely either only work one day a week or just quit Jack Dennis.  If I work 40 hours a week at $11/hour I think I can make rent and bills (especially seeing that I work at a grocery store where my food is discounted)! Maybe I'll pick up a babysitting or cocktail waitress gig one or two nights a week; we shall see.

On other other news: My friend Zach (the one I'm in the race to the finish with to lose weight) and I are thinking of taking up cross country skiing this winter.  It's $150 to rent a set of boots, XC skis and poles for the season! I still want to take up snowboarding as well, but I think that XC would be really cool for photography, dog running, exercise and in general being outside for less money than the mountain will cost.  I don't want to get a season pass for the Village, WAY too pricey, but I would like to get a ten day pass to Snow King and just rent a snowboard get up for the season as well.  I'll have to look into the money situation.  BUT, I did quit drinking, so I can re-channel that money into something productive. 

Okay, I've got to be at work in an hour, so I guess I'm going to go now! I'll leave you with this ('cause I know you miss my face!!):

No comments: