Thursday, July 24, 2008

The Ocean is a calling!

I am in the hotel lobby at the Hyatt Pier 66 in Ft Lauderdale. This may be one of the nicest hotels I've ever stayed in. I'm on the 9th floor and the view is spectacular. Sadly, I was too brain dead to think to bring the cord to my camera so that I could upload pictures from here, so you're going to have to wait until I get back and see all the pics at once.

Daddy and the rest of the gang got half way to Ft. Lauderdale before realizing they had left the passports at home, so he was about three hours late getting here, I had to take a cab from the airport. And when I say this, I'm so not exaggerating: I had the ANGRIEST cab driver ever. he was really mad to have to drive me!! strange, thought that's how they made money... whatever, I made it here and took a nap! So I was kinda glad that Daddy was running late.

Hung out with the boys and Cheri and Dad for a minute and then we went to dinner at the Grill 66. I had the BEST seared tuna with truffle sauce and spinach and rice. holy cow it was to die for. Daddy picked out the wine, 'cause I'm not so good with anything over a $10 bottle of Yellow Tail, and it was really good too. If you're ever in Ft Lauderdale and you have some cash to throw around, go eat there!!!

I love vacations with my Dad, I feel like a princess! The weather here is great, it's warm yet breezy and really pretty.

There's only wifi in the lobby, which coincidentally contains a bar, so I'm having a Bass and it's really good. I think it may taste better strictly because I'm on the beach. I think tomorrow I'm going to get a pedicure with my soon-to-be step mom, it's Dad's way of getting out of painting her toenails =)

Kelly and Brian come in tomorrow and then first thing Saturday morning we're embarking on the cruise.

Okay, well I think I'm going to go back upstairs and visit with the family some more. Just wanted to let you all in Internet world that I'm safe and sound in Ft. Lauderdale.

1 comment:

kristen said...

Sounds like you are having a great time in Florida! I'm with you on the Yellow Tail...one of my faves! Oh...a pedicure...it has been too long! Have fun!